do nothing but sigh

Hello all. Currently writing from the Telecounseling Office where I've been sitting with my awesome headset for the last two hours, chatting with high school children about potential visits and applications to Coe. I want to scream, "DON'T LISTEN TO ME." I want to send them hidden messages in my speeches about extracurricular activities. I want to tell them that I know nothing about the Business department but that I do know how to bullshit my way through classes.

I've been doing a lot of reading for my research project with Dr. Bob. I mean, I have been doing a lot of reading. A lot. It wouldn't be so bad if I weren't reading all of the prefaces written by the entire freshman class last year for their First Year Seminar portfolios. I will sum it up for you:

1. Writing. Worse than war.
2. I thought I could just write the paper like I did in high school. But then I got it back with red marks so I cried. But then my essay got wet and the red marks ran and I didn't know how to revise so I went to the Writing Center and they fixed my paper for me. Now I'm smart.
3. I'm actually smart but grouped with a ton of crazies so I sound crazy too.

I will be beyond happy when this project is completely finished.

News:
1. Visitors!
2. My birthday!
3. Birthday boyfriend visit!
4. Wine!
5. Wine wine wine!
6. I applied for a job at St. Luke's so I really need some wine.

1 comments:

Kyle said...

I was talking to my cousin, at a pseudo-family party, and he mentioned that, in Toy Story Three, Sid has a cameo as a garbage-man.

I thought you'd like to know this (if you didn't already).